Terms & Conditions
Scoolook is a private social platform (hereafter, also called “Service”) that provides a space (hereafter, “Profile”) through which educational providers, agencies and potential students can share and exchange information, communicate with contacts and friends. This Service provides the opportunity to know what is happening in educational worldwide, facilitates communication with students, friends and/or contacts, and helps to generate quotes, study the market, create contacts etc. The private social network Scoolook is administrated by SCOOLOOK (hereafter, “Scoolook” or “we/us”).
The information that you give to Scoolook is stored in our files and we will make sure that your personal information is safe and private.
When you sign up, you are also giving your express consent to receive information from Scoolook by means of the private social network Scoolook, messages sent to your email account, SMS messages, MMS messages or calls to your mobile phone, or mail by post. This information may include changes and updates related to Scoolook such as activities, products, services, offers, special promotions, etc., related to the Internet, information technology, and telecommunication sectors. This information may be segmented based on the information you give us (age, location, gender, etc.) with the aim of giving you personalized service and relevant information.
Remember that at any time you can refuse Scoolook the right to send commercial and promotional communications, including by electronic means, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scoolook keeps your information safe and private. A variety of security measures and technical tools are in place to make sure your information is never lost, misused, or accessed without your authorization.
As a user of the Service, you have the right to access your personal information, to know how and why we use it, and to tell us if you do not want us to use your information in specific ways. You can also correct any errors in your information if you find it to be incorrect or inaccurate, and you can ask us to delete your information if you want to stop using Scoolook’s private social platform.
You can contact Scoolook at email@example.com for any of these purposes.
To become a user of the private social platform Scoolook, you must sign up.
Once you have signed up and completed the verification process established on our website, you must finish your registration and complete your profile on the website with the required information. Scoolook must accept your profile before you start.
You also have the option to voluntarily give Scoolook more information about you, including your photo, address, telephone number, interests, hobbies etc.
This information will be available to you and you will be able to modify it within your Profile.
Having a Profile in the private social network Scoolook means that you must accurately represent the Educational Centre at all times and that you cannot impersonate another entity. You must take full responsibility and must enter real, truthful, and up-to-date information and prices. Scoolook works to verify the accuracy of your information, and we reserve the right, without prejudice to further actions, to refuse your registration or to delete your Profile if we discover that the information provided is false or incomplete. The accuracy of the information on your Profile is essential to using the Service. Likewise, we reserve the right, as a private social platform, to deny admission or unilaterally delete any Profile that we believe to be inappropriate due to the content and its relation to the Service.
Upon registering in the private social network Scoolook, you have a Profile in which you publish and share your real centre information as you wish and with whom you wish. Personal information will be shared throughout the Service based on the privacy options you choose and over which you have exclusive control.
You are responsible for controlling your information at all times. To that end, we recommend that you are very careful when choosing which information you publish and with whom you share it. As a user of the Service, you must inform Scoolook about any changes in the accuracy of the information you have provided us. You can change your personal information by going to “My Account” tab.
PROFILE USE AND INFORMATION
The information on your Scoolook profile should always be accurate. Scoolook profiles are only for personal and economic or commercial purposes so it is important that they are up to date.
Scoolook tries to control illegal content, but you are the only person responsible for the information you publish on our platform.
It is prohibited to use Scoolook for illegal or unauthorized purposes: violation of honour, image, or intimacy, slander, viruses, phishing, or spam, economic purposes, fraud, racism, pornography, etc.
If Scoolook detects a case of identity theft, the fake account will be deleted and the situation may be communicated to the competent authorities.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
Scoolook is the owner of all intellectual property rights related to the Service and any applications. It’s prohibited to exploit or make commercial use of any of the contents included in the website or mobile applications.
USERS’ (schools) PROFILE CONTENTS
Upon publishing content on the Service, you guarantee that:
- You are the owner/legal representative of the content or of the copyrights that allow you to grant Scoolook the license for publication, and that, in such a case, you have obtained the necessary consent from third parties for granting the license.
- The publication of the content does not imply a violation of applicable laws, including those related to privacy, image, and/or honour, intellectual or industrial property rights, or any other third party rights, whether of a physical person or an entity.
- You have obtained prior consent for the publication of all content containing personal information of any friend or other third party.
- Inasmuch, Scoolook will hold you fully responsible for the accuracy of said affirmation and Scoolook will be held blameless in the face of complaints or lawsuits presented by third parties in relation to said affirmations or in relation to any legitimate right to the content you publish through the Service.
- Additionally, the website and applications provided by Scoolook through which the Service can be accessed permit the user to introduce text with information related to the user’s status, which can only be seen by the rest of the users that form part of said user’s network of friends within the private social network Scoolook. Under all circumstances, each user is solely responsible for the content that is published or shared in their status field and, inasmuch, for all consequences that may be derived from such publication, expressly relieving Scoolook of all responsibility in this regard. When you publish content on Scoolook, you keep all your rights as owner of that content. You give Scoolook a license to reproduce the content only until you decide to delete it from our platform or you delete your account from the Service.
Furthermore, under no circumstances will Scoolook be responsible for:
- Problems of access, availability, and continuity of the Service and/or the mobile applications that permit access from a mobile device and/or the various features it includes when those problems are caused by external factors outside our control and activity. Examples include, but are not limited to, problems with your computer or device, available bandwidth, speed of your Internet connection, geographical location, etc.
- Damage or harm of any type that you may encounter due to the interruption, termination, or malfunction of the Service based on causes not attributable to Scoolook.
- The presence of a virus or other element that may cause alterations in your computer system and/or mobile device.
- Loss and/or damages that you might experience as a result of unauthorized third parties accessing and/or using your account as a user of the Service. To that end, remember that you are solely responsible for controlling your passwords and for any damage and/or harm that may be caused to Scoolook and/or third parties due to the unauthorized use of said passwords.
Scoolook tries to control illegal content, but you are the only person responsible for the information you publish on our platform. If you find someone using Scoolook inappropriately, inform us from the "Contact Us".
- The Educational Centre profiles (hereafter, “Profile”) is a paid service offered by Scoolook for interacting about hobbies and activities, and expressing users’ opinions about organizations, educational groups, and social groups, etc.
- Within Scoolook, you can find institutions, commercial brands, NGOs, and the like, managed by real representatives that use the space to communicate with users of the private social network.
- Scoolook is not responsible for the content, opinions, or images that may appear in the Scoolook profiles. However, if Scoolook is made aware of inappropriate or illicit content in profiles, such content will be eliminated immediately.
- Users that choose to share or publish content in Scoolook Profiles affirm upon doing so that they possess the necessary rights or permission to do so, holding Scoolook blameless in the face of complaints or lawsuits from third parties.
- Users that choose to share or publish content in Scoolook Profiles give their express consent that said content can be viewed by Scoolook users and third parties, without any association between the content and the user’s personal information.
Basically: Scoolook Profile is designed to share your interests or hobbies with other users. Scoolook isn’t responsible for the opinions that other users publish on the Scoolook profile or anywhere else on the platform.
EVENTS AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Your Profile includes a “My Events” space, where you can post information about any event you would like (Social activities, parties, etc.). You can also invite your network of friends within the private social network Scoolook to participate in your personal events.
Basically: Events are designed for you to organize and invite your friends/connections to something that’s happening.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR INTERACTION WITH OTHER USERS
You are fully and solely responsible for your interactions with other users throughout the Service. Scoolook does not control your personal relationships. However, we do recommend that you are careful when choosing your contacts and friends and the people you choose to add to your networks. And of course, if someone harasses, bothers, or intimidates you, communicate the problem to us so that we can take the necessary actions.
Basically: Choose your friends and contacts carefully, and use the blocking and reporting tools on Scoolook to tell us about any problem you have with other users. Remember that you are completely responsible for your interactions on Scoolook, and we do not mediate in personal communications or conflicts.
You understand and accept that the Service includes advertisements, and that, inasmuch, you can access third-party advertising from your Profile that Scoolook and/or other entities provide through the Service.
Basically: You know and accept that there is advertising on Scoolook.
OTHER FORMS OF ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, PASSWORD RECOVERY, AND OTHER NOTIFICATIONS
Scoolook provides a notification service that informs you, via email, of activity and updates on your Profile and throughout your network of friends in the Service. This notification service does not affect communications that Scoolook may send you to:
- Recover your password, if you forget it and request a new one.
- Send you confirmation and/or security codes for accessing the Service.
- Change the email address associated with your account.
The use of any Scoolook service and/or application by a user in any country is the sole responsibility of that user. As a user, you are fully responsible for ensuring that your activity complies with the laws of the country from which you access these services and/or applications.
Likewise, it is possible that, due to technical and/or legal limitations, some of the features and/or services of the private social platform Scoolook are not available or do not function correctly in all countries.
Basically: Scoolook is based in the UK and can be accessed from other countries throughout the world, although it’s possible that some of the services or features aren’t available in all countries. As a user, you’re fully responsible for complying with the laws in the country where you access Scoolook.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Current legislation determines the laws that govern, and the jurisdiction that affects the relationship between Scoolook and the users of the Service. However, for cases wherein the legislation does not specify another jurisdiction, Scoolook and the user expressly renounce all other jurisdictions that may apply and agree to submit to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Brighton, UK.
Basically: Unless applicable legislation establishes something different, the relationship between Scoolook and our users is governed by UK law. Any conflicts will be subject to the jurisdiction of judges and courts in the city of Brighton, UK.
CONTENT AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Basically: Scoolook is not responsible for the information you share with other users. However, you can contact us to report any content that you think is inappropriate or illegal.
UNREGISTERING FROM THE SERVICE
You can temporarily deactivate or permanently delete your Profile on the Scoolook website by following these steps:
- To temporarily deactivate your account on the private social platform Scoolook, go to "My Account" tab and click on the "Deactivate Account" button at the bottom of the page.
- To permanently delete your account from the Service click here. If you choose this option, you will permanently lose all of the information related to your Profile (i.e.: friends, photos, wall comments, etc.).
- You can contact us using the “Contact us” page.
Basically: You can deactivate your Scoolook profile (content is saved until you decide to reactivate it) or permanently delete your account (all content is permanently deleted) at any time.
As you know, cookies are small data files which are stored in your computer as a registered user of the Service, and that contain certain information about your visits to the Scoolook website.
Cookies cannot be associated in any way to your personal information, nor can they be used to identify you. Moreover, every user has the option to deactivate cookies at any time through the configuration of your Internet browser’s settings.